Search This Blog

Thursday, September 5, 2019

Quest Nutrition Pepperoni Pizza

   
     We traveled far and wide for this one. That's right I went to my very own freezer for a frozen pizza. It's true, frozen pizzas aren't what we are all about, but sometimes, you have to give into that late night pizza temptation and preheat that oven to 400.

     Other Guy here. I put a post on Facebook stating that I will no longer be part of the review process due to a family obligation, that will no longer allow me to go out and participate in the reviews, but I will still be here behind the scenes editing videos, and writing the pieces with the information that is given me. I'm hoping in time I will be back in the car for more reviews, in the meantime, I can do the occasional frozen pizza, if you are up to having me do it.

     This time around I'm going to go Keto. This is for anyone who is doing a keto lifestyle but still wants to chow down on some pizza. I'll be honest there aren't a whole lot of options out there, in fact there really aren't any I know of except one, and that is Quest Nutritions frozen pizzas. They have 4 flavors, but since this is The Pepperoni Report, I'll be reviewing their Pepperoni Pizza.

      I know what you are thinking, "Diet Pizza!". Let me give you a summary of Keto. A ketogenic diet consists of eating high fats, moderate protein, and low carbs. Simple right? Actually it is, and surprisingly easy to maintain, with the exception of not having bread or grains of any kind. That is why pizza is not keto friendly, but with Quest Nutrition, they give you a chance to relive those days eating pizza and drinking, well whatever beverage your prefer with your pizza.

     The thing you are going to notice first about this pizza is the crust. It's not made with traditional ingredients. There is no flour in this crust, it is made up of their protein blend, based on their protein powders. That is where you get that kick of 28 grams of protein. The second thing you are going to notice is the size. It is a little disappointing for the price, but that tiny pizza packs in a lot of flavor. They use real mozzarella and pecorino romano cheese, real tomato paste, and the best, is the uncured pepperoni. This is surprisingly a high quality pepperoni for a frozen pizza.

     The flavor is surprising as well. It isn't your traditional pizza taste. Those flavors are there, but there is a slight odd flavor from that protein blended crust, but with all the other flavors that are packed into this pizza, you won't miss that traditional dough.

     Since this is a frozen pizza, I won't give an actual rating to it, but I will highly recommend going out and getting one and giving it a try yourself. You can find them in your local Target or Walmart, or you can buy them online at their site Quest Nutrition. A warning though, if you go through the site, you have to buy them in bundles of 4, so make that drive to the local place before you go all in.


     For the Macro conscious people out there, the breakdown for this pizza is; 340 calories, 28 grams of protein, 21 grams of fat, and 6 net carbs per serving. A serving is a half of a pizza. Let's be honest though, that pizza is the perfect size for a personal, so just double everything in you have your new macros.

     For all of you that love the videos, I did make a video just for this. I hope you enjoy it, it was fun making this one. Please let me know if you want more frozen pizza reviews in the future. I will post them up from time to time if you really want to see them.



Don't forget to follow us on social media.

TPR YouTube

TPR Facebook

TRP Instagram

Love
and 
Pizza
Slices

1 comment:

  1. will must try this.. by the way if you are travelling to Seal Beach, then you must try A Slice of New York Pizza.

    ReplyDelete