Search This Blog

Thursday, October 3, 2019

Antonio's (Winter Park)


     One look down Park Ave. in Winter Park will have you reminiscing of a time when it was the downtown area that dominated commerce. The picturesque street complete with trees that over hang the street and plenty of people walking up and down shopping, eating or just looking in store fronts compete this Norman Rockwell scene. Sitting near the corner of ------- street is an Italian restaurant called Antonio's. They have tables outside on the sidewalk to serve those who would choose to enjoy the fresh air and an upscale feel inside.

      Upon arrival we were not only greeted by a friendly staff but made to feel at home. The service and cleanliness of Antonio's are second to none. A quick look at the menu didn't show a Pepperoni pizza, they do however have a nice selection of specialty pizzas. When I asked if they had a Pepperoni pizza they cheerfully said absolutely. Of course, I order a large, which was a 14 inch pie. 
  While waiting for the pie, we chatted up the staff and found out Antonio's was opened in May of 2018 and started as a pizzeria and had recently changed to more of an upscale restaurant. It may have had the look and feel of an upscale restaurant, complete with cloth napkins and bread delivered to the table but they never blinked and eye at me in my pizza t-shirt and shorts.

     After a short wait the pizza was delivered to the table. As you can see by the pictures, it was full of delicious pepperoni that had a nice spicy kick to it. I'm not much of a spicy food guy but this
pepperoni was just spicy enough to still be enjoyable to a non spicy guy like me. The crust had a nice crunch to it. Also, a distinct flavor. When I mentioned it to Not A Guy (who was my pizza guest), she said it tasted like a butter garlic cooked into the crust. When I mentioned this to the gentleman who appeared to be the owner, he just smiled. It was the same smile he gave me when I said I tasted Oregano in the sauce.  The sauce blended well with pie, it had a nice smooth flavor with of course a hint of Oregano.

      One of the first things I noticed was the cheese.  After a moment, I was pretty sure what kind they were using.  It had a nice little pull and good flavor.  Also, they did not skimp on the cheese.  Grande is an excellent cheese for pizza and having it plentiful was nice.

       I give Antonio's of Winter Park, 5 Dancing Pepperonis out of 5 Dancing Pepperonis. Thanks Antonio's, it was well worth the drive from Brevard County.



Love 
and 
Pizza
Slices


1 comment: