Search This Blog

Thursday, September 19, 2019

Pizza Co. (Merritt Island)


     Often times in Life some of the best places to eat are off the beaten path.  Hidden away in an old shopping plaza is a place called Pizza Company. I say hidden because not only is it in an old plaza whose anchor has either long gone out of business or just relocated to a location with more traffic, there is also a Gas Station that partially hides them.  It's a small store front with very few signage, and if you drive by during the day you would think that they are out of business. (Note: During the week they are open at 5 pm)

      With the 5 pm opening in mind, I timed my arrival to coincide shortly after their opening. Walking into the place, I was greeted by the friendly faces of the owners.

     Of course, even though I was alone, I ordered the standard large pepperoni pizza. As I waited for the pie, looking around I spied a booth set off to the left of the entrance, so naturally, I sat in it.  Boy, was I in for a ride.  The rickety old table shuddered and shimmied, the owner explained that the table had faithfully served customers for over thirty years.  It was planned to be removed that evening.

      Pretty much all that could be seen was the oven, the counter, a door that lead to the kitchen and a small soda refrigerator. There was also a TV mounted about where a menu board would be.   To look at the menu, you had to use one of their carry-out menus.

      My wait was short, about ten minutes.  When I was told my pizza was ready I got up and left my drink on the table. A few pictures later, I was standing at the counter when another customer came in and sat at the table even though my drink was still on the table.  I had planned on eating some of the pizza there, but not wanting to be rude, I grabbed the pie and took it with me, deciding that eating it at a nice quiet park would be fine.

      Once I choose my location, I proceeded to try the pie. First thing I noticed was that it had plenty of sauce.  As we all know, I love seeing and tasting the sauce on a pie. This sauce was delicious, a nice mild fresh taste and smooth tomato flavor. This pie from the first bite to the last was excellent.  The sauce was a smooth sauce with strong tomato taste. The crust had a slight crispness to it without being crunchy and yet stayed soft. Pizza Co. uses a delicious cheese that had a slight pull to it, along with pepperoni that had a mild spiciness.

      This was a pie combination that works well.  Earning a 5 out 5 Dancing Pepperoni rating.   There where no left overs as my wife (completely out of character)  devoured whatever I hadn't finished. ( 3 slices, she usually can barely eat 2.)

 Thank You Pizza Company



Love
and 
Pizza 
Slices

No comments:

Post a Comment